Dr. Ognian Ivanov Donev
Chairman of the Board of Directors and Executive Director, Sopharma PLC, Bulgaria
Mr. Ognian Donev was born on December 22, 1957. He studied in Hamburg and Vienna, graduatedthe German Language Gymnasium in Sofia and completed his higher education in International Economic Relations in Sofia’s University of Economics. In 1986 Mr. Donev obtained a Doctor’s degree in Economics from the Berlin University of Economics.
Dr. Ognian Donev is CEO of Sopharma PLC since October 2000.
He also is:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Sopharma PLC
- Ex-Chairmen of KRIB (Confederation of the Employers and Industrialists in Bulgaria) and a present member of the Supervisory Council of KRIB
- Member of the German-Bulgarian Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- Member of the National Corporate Governance Committee
- Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce for Bulgaria (ICC Bulgaria)
- Member of the Board of BGPharmA – the Bulgarian Generic Pharmaceutical Association
- Member of the Managing Committee of the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Chairman of the Board of Trustee of the Medical University Sofia
- Member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria (AmCham)
- Member of the Control Committee of the Global Compact Network Bulgaria
- Member of management or control bodies of a number of companies
Dr. Ognian Donev was awarded the “Burov Prize”, the prize of the “Atanas Burov” Foundation for industrial management.
Dr. Donev is fluent in German, English, Russian and Italian.
Mr. Donev is married and has two sons.